Friday, June 12, 2009

Hughes Sighting!!!!


Elusive and reclusive director John Hughes, sitting in Wrigley's upper deck near the left-field foul pole. From NHL.com, the first interview with Hughes since the wrap party for "Curly Sue":

"I grew up in the Detroit area, so I'm sort of happy right now," Hughes said at the end of the second period with the Red Wings up 4-3. "Gordie Howe was my hero growing up. We listened to games on the radio." After "Ferris Bueller" - "I used the number 9," said Hughes -- Howe sent the director an autographed jersey. "That was a big thrill," said Hughes, who nonetheless was a Blackhawks season ticket holder for years.

"We're going to re-up now," Hughes said. "It's amazing what Rocky Wirtz and his organization has done for the team. There is just so much affection for the Hawks that was pent up. I think that's why there was anger about the Hawks [dry stretch]. The team is beloved."

No comments:

Post a Comment